My Cart: 0 item(s)
Thumbnail Filmstrip of 9 Volt Power Booster - Boost Reception on Variety of Receivers Images
DescriptionThe Merlin Systems Power Booster is an RF preamplifier that connects between the antenna and receiver. A 9-volt battery powers the unit, and an ON/OFF switch allows it to be switched off when not in use.
The Power Booster amplifies the signal from the antenna about 20dB (gain of 100) @ 216 MHz and 16dB (gain of 40) @ 432 MHz. When the POWER switch is OFF, the signal is attenuated approximately 20dB (loss of 100) providing better close-in tracking. This unit can double the distance picked up by transmitters. It will boost the signal from the transmitter on receivers such as RB4, LL Receivers, Scanner Receivers, and the Maxima Sport Dog receiver.
- Size: 2.375" x 2.76" x 1.56" (60mm x 70 mm x 40 mm)
- Weight: 125 grams with battery.
- RF Gain/Loss: 216-218 MHz: +20 dB, 432-434 MHz: +16 dB.
- Power OFF Attenuation: -20 dB.
- Noise Figure: 0.0 dB.
- Operating Temperature: -25 C to +65 c.
- Storage Temperature: -25 to +80 C
- Moisture Resistance: moisture-proof, but NOT waterproof. Will NOT withstand immersion.